Have you been seeking a volunteer opportunity to serve your community?
Are you interested in promoting agricultural viability while protecting the natural resources in Douglas County?
Are you interested in keeping new agricultural regulations out of Douglas County?
Serving as a Voluntary Stewardship Program work group member may be the answer you have been looking for !
- The Voluntary Stewardship Program reduces the regulatory burden on the Douglas County agricultural community by protecting critical areas through voluntary conservation activities.
- VSP work group meetings are open to the public, and interested parties are encouraged to attend a meeting or two prior to committing to be a member.
- Volunteering as a work group member will encompass only 16 - 32 hours of your time throughout the year as meetings occur on a quarterly basis.
- VSP work group members are responsible for determining the direction of the program and helping it succeed. Participating on the work group will help ensure the needs and interests of your
agricultural community are met and that additional regulations are not imposed in Douglas County.
- If interested, or for more information, please contact District Manager at 509-888-6373 or fill out the form below.